These writing programs include a strong faculty of award-winning writers, writing competitions, and author visiting series.
1. NYU’s minor in creative writing offers undergraduates the opportunity to study under award-winning writers such as Jo Ann Beard, Anne Carson, and Rick Moody.
“Words bounce. Words, if you let them, will do what they want to do and what they have to do.”
–Anne Carson, Autobiography of Red
Once students complete the Intro to Fiction …
There are still a few more weeks of summer before students head back to school so why not make the most of the time. These five resources and ideas will encourage your creativity and inspire you to be more mindful. Self-care is scientifically beneficial for your mental health, confidence and overall happiness. Start new habits now and bring them into the school year with you.
- Libby is a free audiobook and ebook app where you can borrow books from your local library including
Whether you’re a Harry Potter fan or just a fan of college community sports, these five schools have Quadball teams (inspired by Quidditch) that will keep your feet on the ground, but head in the clouds as you fight to win.
- Boston University’s
- University of Rochester
- Arizona State University
- Marquette University
- University of Vermont
Wellness is an important part of a student’s college experience because it provides time for self-care, growth, and a breather from the academic stressors of campus life. Here are 5 schools with wellness programs that will put the focus back on the student.
- WPI’s Center for Well-Being provides students with an opportunity to take a deep breath away from the busyness of campus. The Center includes a Rest & Reflection Room where students are encouraged to sit for 15-minutes
Most people know about the strong aerospace programs at MIT, Cal Tech, and Stanford, but here are 5 programs worth exploring that are more accessible and provide an excellent education.
- At Virginia Tech the aerospace engineering major requires students to complete a senior design capstone analyzing air and space craft. The program is closely aligned with the ocean engineering program, and students can double major in both areas.
- UC Boulder’s aerospace majors can opt
The environmental studies departments at these six colleges and universities are strong, and place a premium on hands-on learning out in the woods, on the waters, and in the communities connected to each school.
1. Bowdoin College in Brunswick, Maine, recently marked 50 years of environmental studies at the school. Students have the chance to do fieldwork in many of their classes, including oceanography, in which they visit the Casco Bay to study the ocean’s role in and response…
Students who are interested in a strong liberal arts education and also want options such as business, data science or game design should check out Clark University in Worcester, MA. Prospective Clark students apply to the university overall and can enter any one of the four undergraduate schools—Arts and Sciences, the Becker School of Design and Technology, the School of Management, and International Development, Community, and Environment. It’s easy for students to …
It’s finally summer time at long last and the best way to relax (we think) is kicking back in the sunshine with a good book! Wellesley Books provided a wonderful and diverse summer reading list. Now students can take their reading to the next level with one of the following six summer reading challenges or events offered through public libraries. If your branch is not listed here, contact them to find out more about their summer reading opportunities.
- Summer at the Library –
Are you interested in pursuing a career in cybersecurity?
As our society is becoming ever more digitized and cyber-attacks, such as malware, ransomware, spam, phishing, and corporate account takeovers are becoming daily occurrences, there is a growing need for cybersecurity professionals.
If you are interested in computer science and the digital world, and want to secure a career in safeguarding data and networks, cybersecurity may be just the program for you.
Here Are 5 Open Summer Programs for Teens
We’ve rounded up some exciting opportunities for high school students who are still looking for opportunities for this summer. There are a variety of online and residential options that are sure to help students grow and develop new perspectives.
1. The Summer Scholars Program is hosted by American University and offers college-credit courses on 13 topics including Data Science, Global Public Health, Oceanography, Sustainable…