February To-Do List
- Keep us informed of your admissions decisions. If you were deferred, update the college on your continued interest and new information such as test scores, leadership activities, or academic accomplishments. This video explains what to include in a letter of continued interest.
- Avoid senioritis by keeping your grades up and avoiding disciplinary issues.
- As you research colleges, be sure to complete the virtual information sessions and tours, and look for special opportunities such as student panels, and major-specific programming. You can schedule campus visits on the websites. Plan in advance for the busy school vacation weeks.
- Keep your grades up!
- Register for standardized tests and practice for standardized tests (SAT, ACT).
- Choose next year’s courses wisely remembering to challenge yourself appropriately but not overextending yourself.
- Make plans for the summer—a job, volunteer work, or an enrichment program. Let us know if you need ideas.
- Make sure you are taking a mental health break each day and doing something enjoyable.