- Finish your supplemental essays and submit all applications (as well as scholarship applications) prior to the December vacation.
- Confirm that the colleges to which you have applied received all your application materials including transcripts and recommendations.
- Write thank you notes to the teachers and counselors who wrote recommendations for you. Be sure to tell them of acceptances as you receive them.
- If you are admitted early decision, withdraw any other submitted applications following the instructions of the college.
- Register and prepare for the ACT or SAT.
- Research the colleges on your list and start thinking about which you will visit and when. If you are unable to visit due to Covid-19, consider reaching out to the college online and doing a virtual tour.
- Begin writing a resume of your activities and start to think about which junior year teachers might write a strong letter of recommendation for you. We will discuss this in January.
- Start thinking about summer—enrichment activities, volunteer or paid work are all valuable experiences. Enjoy the holidays and the December school vacation! Check out our book suggestions in this issue and read a book for pleasure. Reading is a great way to prepare for the SAT or ACT Reading and English sections.