- Finish your supplemental essays and submit all applications (as well as scholarship applications) prior to the December vacation.
- Confirm that the colleges to which you have applied received all your application materials, including transcripts and recommendations.
- Write thank you notes to the teachers and counselors who wrote recommendations for you. Be sure to tell them of acceptances as you receive them.
- If you are admitted early decision, withdraw any other submitted applications following the instructions of the college.
- Register and prepare for the ACT or SAT.
- Research the colleges on your list and start thinking about which you will visit and when. If you are unable to visit due to Covid-19, consider reaching out to the college online and doing a virtual tour.
- Begin writing a resume of your activities and start to think about which junior year teachers might write a strong letter of recommendation for you. We will discuss this in January.
- Start thinking about summer-enrichment activities, volunteer or paid work are all valuable experiences. Enjoy the holidays and the December school vacation! Check out our book suggestions in this issue and read a book for pleasure. Reading is a great way to prepare for the SAT or ACT Reading and English sections.