- Finish your supplemental essays and submit all applications (as well as scholarship applications) prior to the December vacation.
- Confirm that the colleges to which you have applied received all your application materials, including transcripts and recommendations.
- Write thank you notes to the teachers and counselors who wrote recommendations for you. Be sure to tell them of acceptances as you receive them.
- If you are admitted early decision, withdraw any other submitted applications following the instructions of the college.
- Register and prepare for the ACT or SAT. Discuss applying test optional with your consultant if it is something you are considering.
- Research the colleges on your list and take notes. Start thinking about which you will visit and when. If you are unable to visit some of your preferred colleges, visit the admission page of the college website and register for a virtual tour and other information sessions.
- Begin writing a resume of your activities and start to think about which junior-year teachers might write a strong letter of recommendation for you. We will discuss this in January.
- Start thinking about summer-enrichment activities. Volunteer and paid work are also valuable experiences.
- Enjoy the holidays and the December school vacation. Check out our book suggestions in this issue and read a book for pleasure. Reading is a great way to prepare for the SAT or ACT Reading and English sections, plus it takes you places.