October To-Do List
- If you are applying early, watch deadlines (many are November 1) and complete early decision agreements.
- If applicable, make sure to send your official test scores via College Board or ACT.
- Put the finishing touches on your essays and applications and have someone who understands the college essay proof them.
- Parents: Complete the FAFSA and CSS Profile for Financial Aid. Students: Research and apply for scholarships.
- Begin reflecting on what you are seeking in a college experience. Think about your strengths, areas of academic interest and careers that you find potentially exciting.
- If you are eligible for testing accommodations at school such as extended time, apply early to College Board and to ACT to secure accommodations for standardized tests.
- Visit at least one college this fall, attending the information session and going on the tour, to begin educating yourself about colleges and the admissions process.
Tags: college advising, College consultant in Brookline, high school juniors, high school seniors