September To-Do List
- Finalize your main essay and complete your common application so you may begin focusing on your supplementary essays.
- Schedule interviews where available on campus, in your community or online.
- If you are applying early by November 1 or to a rolling admissions college, complete the following by October 1st: send your official test scores via College Board or ACT, request transcripts and confirm that your recommendations will be sent by deadline.
- Parents: Register for an FSA ID in preparation to complete financial aid forms next month: the FAFSA and possibly the CSS Profile.
- Sign up and take the October PSAT if it is available in your community unless you have decided the ACT is your test.
- Sketch out a plan including a schedule for which standardized tests you plan to take in the coming year such as SAT, ACT or SAT Subject tests.
- If you are eligible for accommodations at school, such as extended time, apply early to College Board and ACT for accommodations on standardized tests.
- Visit at least one college this fall (in person or virtually), attending the information session and going on the tour or an open house, to begin educating yourself about colleges and the admissions process.