September To-Do List
- Finalize your main essay and complete your common application so you may begin focusing on your supplementary essays.
- Schedule interviews where available on campus or in your community.
- If you are applying early by November 1 or to a rolling admissions college, complete the following by October 1st: if you are submitting scores, send your official test scores via College Board or ACT, request transcripts and confirm that your recommendations will be sent by deadline.
- Parents: Register for an FSA ID in preparation to complete financial aid forms next month: the FAFSA and possibly the CSS Profile.
- Sign up and take the October PSAT unless you have decided the ACT is your test.
- Sketch out a plan including a schedule for which standardized tests you plan to take in the coming year such as SAT, ACT or AP tests.
- If you are eligible for accommodations at school, such as extended time, apply early to College Board and ACT for accommodations on standardized tests.
- Visit at least one college this fall (remote or in-person), attending the information session and going on the tour or an open house, to begin educating yourself about colleges and the admissions process.