- Set a goal to complete the main section of either the Common Application (available August 1) or the Coalition Application before school starts.
- Complete your personal essay.
- Work with your consultant on a strategy for each supplemental essay and a timeline to complete them.
- If you think you will need any additional testing—SAT or ACT, register now for the September or October administrations.
- Assess your study skills and work habits and determine any changes you should make. Remember, your performance junior year affects your college options and it is never too late to make changes.
- Determine your testing plan—Will it be SAT or ACT? Develop a schedule for preparing and taking the test.
- Set personal and academic goals for the coming year that will position you for improved grades and increase involvement in your school and community.
- If you currently receive accommodations for learning differences, you can register for accommodations with College Board, which administers the PSAT, SAT and AP exams early in high school so no need to wait. (The ACT requires a test registration so you must wait till you are ready to register for a test to apply for accommodations).