January To-Do List
- Keep your consultant informed as admissions decisions come in so you can respond appropriately to deferrals or other outcomes.
- Avoid senioritis by keeping your grades up and avoiding disciplinary issues.
- If you are admitted early and know you want to attend a particular college, decide whether you will put your housing deposit down as soon as possible for getting the best residential choices.
- Make plans to complete virtual visits including information sessions and online tours for the colleges on your list. Invite a parent to join you. The dates and times of tours and information sessions may be found on the admission page of the college website. Most require advance registration, so plan ahead.
- Look for special opportunities such as chats with a student, or speak with representatives of an academic department of interest. You will learn more about the college and have a deeper understanding of what it offers.
- Your grades this year are very important. If necessary, meet with teachers to develop a plan for improvement such as extra help sessions or engaging a tutor.
- Prepare and register for standardized tests (SAT, ACT).
- Make plans for the summer, whether it’s an on-site or virtual opportunity, including a job, volunteer work or an enrichment program. Let us know if you need ideas.