On July 20, we celebrate Space Exploration Day in honor of the first crewed trip the moon and moon landing.
Most people know about the strong aerospace programs at MIT, Cal Tech, and Stanford, but here are 5 programs worth exploring that are more accessible and provide an excellent education.
Colleges with Aerospace Programs:
- At Virginia Tech the aerospace engineering major requires students to complete a senior design capstone analyzing air and space craft. The program is closely aligned with the ocean engineering program, and students can double major in both areas.
- UC Boulder’s aerospace majors can opt for a five-year Global + Co-op track that includes a minor in computer science, a semester abroad and a semester working in the field and getting paid.
- Students who want to pursue aerospace engineering at The Ohio State University can opt for a senior capstone project, or research tracks with options for writing and defending a thesis or presenting research.
- Syracuse aerospace engineering majors get direct experience with the Fidelity MOTUS 622i, one of the world’s most advanced flight simulators and can continue pursuing their major while studying abroad, which is not always the case for engineering majors.
- Embry-Riddle, with campuses in Florida and Arizona, is for those students who want a hands-on education in majors from aeronautics and air traffic management to aerospace engineering and unmanned aircraft systems.
Learn more about our college planning services.