Avoid the Summertime Blues: Programs Still Accepting AppsThe end of the school year is always a busy time, and between exams and final papers and projects, it can be easy to put off or forget about making summer plans. However, it isn’t too late to find an internship or academic program for the summer months. You can get real-world experience and learn valuable skills to help you in high school, college, and beyond. Internship, volunteer, and community-based programs that are still accepting applications include:
- The Museum of Fine Arts has a number of volunteer opportunities for teens, including positions in the Development Department and the Studio Art Program.
- Sub/Urban Justice Summer Program provides students from different backgrounds the opportunity to learn about and work on social justice initiatives.
- The Summer Leadership Program also focuses on community building and gives participants the opportunity to develop leadership skills by taking part in action projects, internships, and seminars.
- Intrepid Pursuits in Cambridge is looking for a marketing intern. The application deadline is May 29. To apply, visit the internships.com.
- The Harvard Course in Reading and Study Strategies offers approaches to help your reading skills. Besides improving speed, it also focuses on comprehension strategies.
- The Museum of Fine Arts has a series of week-long studio art intensive programs for teens. These classes include printmaking, sculpture, fashion drawing, and more.